Thursday, September 1, 2016

Scrap It With a Song Blog Hop

Happy September 1st and Welcome to the Scrap It With a Song Blog Hop! My blog is going to be a very busy place today as there are a few different blog hops going on throughout the day and lots of fun projects to share!!

If you've never done a blog hop before, we're happy you're starting with us! To begin, just visit SIWAS blog and you will find the complete list to follow – it is repeated here and in all the other DT posts, so you can’t get lost along the way. Visit each designer in the list, look at her project, leave her a little bit of love in the comments section of her post, and click on through to the next designer on the list. After you've visited and commented on each blog, just come back to SIWAS blog and leave a comment to win a pretty awesome prize!



Blog list for blog hop:

SIWAS - you should have started here
Khristina --YOU ARE HERE 
back to SIWAS to leave the final comment

For this month's Scrap It With a Song challenge, my team used David Bowie songs of our choice and I decided to use "Changes." I was inspired by this song and its lyrics where it says "Time may change me, But I can't trace time." This immediately made me think of my son when we were reading the third Harry Potter book which included the time turner. This portion of the book made a huge impact on my son and I wanted a way to document this concept and how much of an impression it made on him. Thus, the following page concept was born!



A couple of ideas to note if you want to undertake a similar project. I used a photo from the movie that I found and printed online as well as a photo I took of the book cover. I printed the movie shot on cardstock rather than photo paper in order to give it more of a subdued look. I also punched out circles from the actual pages of the book (I picked up a super cheap extra copy at Goodwill just for this purpose!) The gold, kraft, white, and black details throughout the layout added just the right mood for Harry Potter! I hope that you enjoy this layout and will play along with us this month! Here are a few close-ups of the page elements as well.



I can't wait to see what you create this month so make sure to link up your project to the Scrap It With A Song blog. Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool layout! Love the gold thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout. I love the touches of gold, especially the Pure Magic button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool page! I love this layout and song. :)
    Mei-Chen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Adore how you've done your journaling down the side like that. I'm a BIG journal fan!! And the gold.....YUMMMMMMM!!!!! Hopping along now;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout and i love the way you did your title.

    ReplyDelete